Registering to use a drone or model aircraft
Register an organisation to use drones or model aircraft
Use this service to register your organisation for an operator ID if it’s responsible for drones or model aircraft.
Examples of organisations that may need to register include: businesses, schools, colleges, universities, voluntary organisations, clubs and charities.
You can use the same operator ID to label all your drones and model aircraft.
Registration for an operator ID costs £10.33 and is valid for 1 year.
Who can register your organisation
The person who completes the registration must be authorised to be the accountable manager for drones and model aircraft in the organisation.
The accountable manager will be responsible for making sure that the organisation flies and uses drones and model aircraft safely and legally.
You can change the accountable manager at any time.
Before you start
- the accountable manager’s home address and contact details
- the organisation’s registered number, for example its registered company number or charity number
- details of any insurance that is legally required
- a debit or credit card
Holders of other authorisations, permissions or exemptions
You still need an operator ID even if you already have:
- an existing operational authorisation from the CAA
- a flight permission from any other organisation, such as an airport
Help with this service
Drone and Model Aircraft Registration Team
Telephone: 0330 022 9930
Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 4:30pm