Registering to use a drone or model aircraft
Register and take the test to fly
Use this service to:
- take the theory test to get a flyer ID
- register for an operator ID if you also own or are responsible for a drone or model aircraft
You must be at least 18 years old to get an operator ID.
You must be at least 13 years old to get a flyer ID by yourself.
If you’re younger, please ask your parent or guardian to help you and read the children and parent guidance.
If you are an accountable manager for an organisation that is responsible for drones or model aircraft, please register as an organisation.
Before you start
- an email address that you can check when registering
- a debit or credit card if you're registering for an operator ID
- details of any insurance required (opens in a new tab)
It’s a good idea to prepare for the theory test.
|Operator ID||£9||1 year|
|Flyer ID||£0||5 years|
If you already have an operator ID and just need a flyer ID, you’ll need to add your flyer ID in the My registration area.
Help with this service
Drone and Model Aircraft Registration Team
Telephone: 0330 022 9930
Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 4:30pm