Terms and conditions
These terms explain how you may use this website.
You should read these terms carefully before using the website.
By accessing or using the website, or otherwise indicating your consent, you agree to be bound by these terms and the documents referred to in them.
If you do not agree with or accept any of these terms, you should stop using the website immediately.
If you would like any help using the website, please contact us
Who we are
The Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) is responsible for issuing drone and model aircraft operator IDs and flyer IDs.
The rest of these terms refer to the CAA as we, us or our.
|flyer ID||is an acknowledgement of competency as a remote pilot.|
|operator ID||is a certificate of registration as an SUA operator. You’re an operator if you have the management of an aircraft. In the rest of these terms and elsewhere in our service, we describe this as owning or being responsible for a drone or model aircraft.|
|terms||means these terms and conditions.|
|website||means the website at www.register-drones.co.uk and all associated web pages.|
|we, us or our||means the Civil Aviation Authority whose head office is at Aviation House, Gatwick Airport South, West Sussex RH6 0YR|
|you or your||means the person accessing or using the website or its content.|
By applying for a flyer ID, you agree to do the following:
- fly your drone or model aircraft safely and legally
- read and understand the Drone and Model Aircraft Code
- follow the requirements of any permissions or exemptions you hold at any time
- check that any drone or model aircraft you fly is labelled with a valid operator ID
By applying for an operator ID, you agree to do the following:
- meet all legal requirements for being responsible for a drone or model aircraft
- display your operator ID on any drone or model aircraft you’re responsible for
- make sure that you only allow people with a valid flyer ID to fly any drones or model aircraft you’re responsible for
We will not usually provide refunds for operator IDs, but may consider refunds in exceptional circumstances at our discretion.
Pilot IDs and operator IDs
Pilot IDs and operator IDs are only valid:
- until the specified date
- for the person or organisation named
Accuracy of information and availability of the website
While we try to make sure this website is accurate, up to date and free from bugs, we cannot promise that it will be.
We may suspend or terminate operation of the website at any time as we see fit.
While we try to make sure the website is available for your use, we do not promise that it will be available at all times. Nor do we promise uninterrupted use of the website.
Your privacy and personal information are important to us.
The policy explains:
- what information we collect from you
- how and why we collect, store, use and share your information
- your rights in relation to your information
- how to contact us if you have a query or complaint about the use of your information
These are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.
Any dispute you have which relates to these terms, or your use of this service (whether it be contractual or non-contractual), will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
Rights of third parties
No one other than a party to these terms has any right to enforce any of these terms.
Limitation on our liability
Except for any legal responsibility that we cannot exclude in law (such as for death or personal injury) or arising under applicable laws relating to the protection of your personal information, we are not legally responsible for any of the following losses:
- losses not foreseeable to you and us when these terms were formed
- losses not caused by any breach on our part
- business losses
- losses to non-consumers
Events beyond our control
We shall have no liability to you for any breach of these terms caused by any event or circumstance beyond our reasonable control including, but not limited to:
- strikes, lock-outs or other industrial disputes
- breakdown of systems or network access
- flood, fire, explosion or accident
Changes to these terms
Please check these terms regularly. We can update them at any time without notice.
Last updated: October 2019