Registering to use a drone or model aircraft
Prepare for the theory test
Everything you’ll need to know to pass the test is in The Drone and Model Aircraft Code. It's a good idea to read this to ensure you have the most up to date information.
About the test
- The test is free
- 40 multiple choice questions and a pass mark of 30
- You can look at The Drone and Model Aircraft Code during the test if you want to
- You should allow at least 30 minutes to complete the test
- You can take as long as you like providing you’re not inactive for more than 90 minutes
- You can take the test as many times as you like.
Children under 13
You can still get a flyer ID if you're under 13 , but you must ask a parent or guardian to be with you when you register. This is for data protection reasons.
There is more information in the children and parent guidance.