Registering yourself to use a drone or model aircraft
Register as an operator
Use this service when:
- you want to apply for an operator ID because you own or are responsible for a drone or model aircraft
- you do not want to get a flyer ID at the same time
You must be at least 18 years old to get an operator ID.
You can use the same operator ID for all your drones and model aircraft.
Registration for an operator ID costs £9 and is valid for 1 year.
Being responsible for drones
The person that owns or is responsible for the drone or model aircraft must register to get an operator ID. You must be 18 years old to get an operator ID.
Some examples of situations where you may need to register for an operator ID but not a flyer ID include:
- you're the adult responsible for an under 18 who owns a drone or model aircraft
- you're responsible for a drone that someone else will fly
- you already have a flyer ID, or an exemption, and you only need an operator ID at the moment
Before you start
- an email address that you'll be able to check during your application
- a debit or credit card
If you already have a flyer ID, you’ll need to add your operator ID in the My registration area.
Help with this service
Drone and Model Aircraft Registration Team
Telephone: 0330 022 9930
Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 4:30pm